Did you know that Indian Head Resort and the Lincoln, NH area play an important role in UFO history? Come celebrate with us as we honor Betty and Barney Hill, well known civil rights activists and UFO abductees. September 23, 24, 25, 2011, this package includes 3 days, 2 nights, 4 meals, full access to all UFO weekend events
(Lodging and events and starting at $289 per person double occupancy)
- Kathleen Marden’s guided tour of the abduction site and Mr and Mrs Hill’s journey through the White Mountains
- Exclusive slide show and lecture with Kathleen
- Meet and greet with Kathleen – cocktails and photos with the author, autographed books available
- Dedication of the memorial plaque commemorating Betty and Barney’s place in UFO history
- Screening of seldom seen TV movie based on Mr and Mrs Hill’s UFO experience
- Souvenir T-Shirt
- Entertainment in the Thunderbird Lounge
*Per person, double occupancy, tax and gratuities not included. Call for pricing on other sized groups. Two night minimum stay required. First come, first served sales.
Dinner, Attend Events, T-shirt:
Friday and Saturday $129.
Note: tax and gratuities not included
UPDATE: Indian Head Resort has announced that Nuclear Physicist-Lecturer Stanton T. Friedman will be a special guest at the resort’s upcoming 50th anniversary event observing Betty and Barney Hills’ 1961 UFO Incident , September 23 – 25. Stanton T. Friedman received his BSc. and MSc. Degrees in physics from the University of Chicago in 1955 and 1956. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist by such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas working in such highly advanced, classified, eventually cancelled programs as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and various compact nuclear powerplants for space and terrestrial applications. He became interested in UFOs in 1958, and since 1967 has lectured about them at more than 600 colleges and 100 professional groups in 50 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries in addition to various nuclear consulting efforts. He has published more than 90 UFO papers and has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs including on Larry King in 2007 and twice in 2008, and many documentaries. He is the original civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident and co-authored Crash at Corona: The Definitive Study of the Roswell Incident. TOP SECRET/MAJIC, his controversial book about the Majestic 12 group, established in 1947 to deal with alien technology, was published in 1996 and went through 6 printings. An expanded new edition was published in 2005. Stan was presented with a Lifetime UFO Achievement Award in Leeds, England, in 2002, by UFO Magazine of the UK. He is co-author with Kathleen Marden (Betty Hill’s niece) of a book in 2007: Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience. The City of Fredericton, New Brunswick, declared August 27, 2007, Stanton Friedman Day. His book Flying Saucers and Science was published in June 2008 and is in its 3rd printing. His newest book, also co-authored with Kathleen Marden, is Science Was Wrong released in June 2010.
Betty & Barney Hills’ Abduction- 50th anniversary
September 23-25, 2011 Real Date Sept 19, 1961
- 4:00 Pm Check in
- 5:00-5:30 Dinner Profile Dining Room (Betty & Barney’s Favorite Food Specials)
- 7:00-9:00 Power point Lecture, Captured! The UFO Incident by Kathleen Marden And Stanton Friedman (Greenery Room)
- 9:00 Evening Entertainment with The Fabulous Russ Peterson
- 7am -9am Breakfast In the Profile Dining Room
- 9:00- Guided Tour W/ Kathy Marden and Stanton Friedman - Retracing Betty and Barney’s abductions.
- 11:30-1:30 Lunch “On your Own” The Thunderbird Lounge
- 1:30 Movie – The UFO Incident – Greenery Room
- 3:30 unveiling of the IHR Plaque inside
- 3:45 NH History Plaque Viewing & Photos
- 4:30-5:30 – Meet the authors- Cocktails, Photos, Book Sale and Signing withAuthors Kathy Marden and Stanton Friedman in the Thunderbird Lounge
- 5:00 -Dinner in the Profile Dining Room (with Betty and Barneys favorites menu)
- 7:30-8:00 – Evening Entertainment in the Thunderbird Lounge 9:00 – Fireworks over Shadow Lake.